Cornwall’s Fowey Hall Hotel announces a range of new experiences for guests to enjoy on their first trip post lockdown
While Luxury Family Hotels have been temporarily closed, its teams have been busy creating a range of experiences for families on their first trip away from home since lockdown.
The Luxury Family Hotels’ experiences have been tailor made to suit the location of each of the hotels and something that will please all ages. They include a mix of adventure and adrenalin-fuelled activities, ones themed on wellbeing and relaxation and others linked to enjoying nature and wildlife.
Perched above the pretty sailing town of Fowey on the south Cornish coast, the 36-bedroom Fowey Hall Hotel boasts sweeping sea views and vistas over the estuary and picturesque Fowey harbour. Here’s a selection of experiences that can be enjoyed while staying at the hotel:
- Discover Fowey with Cornish Riviera Guides: Every Tuesday at 2 pm and Saturday at 10.30 am during school holidays, Cornish Riviera Guides will be setting off from Fowey Hall for a complimentary guided walk through Fowey, exclusively for hotel guests. Alternatively, a private tour guide can be booked at a mutually suitable time, (charges will apply).
- Enjoy Cornwall’s secret beaches: the hotel is surrounded by beautiful beaches. Within walking distance is the sandy and secluded Readymoney Cove, venture a little further afield to Polkerris or hop across the ferry to explore secluded beaches off the beaten track. It can provide towels, blankets, buckets, spades, nets and if the sun isn’t shining, even welly boots too!
- Walk for South West Coastal Path. The hotel is proud supporters of the South West Coast Path, just a few minutes from our hotel’s doorstep. Guests can see the best of the coast from this ancient trail. They can also find one of the top walks in the UK, ‘The Hall Walk’, starting just minutes from the hotel, which enjoys two ferry rides and unrivalled views all the way.
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding: Stand-up paddle boarding lessons are available on the beautiful Fowey estuary. The perfect chance to try something new and calm those busy brains.
- Kayaking & Canoeing: Take to the water with a guided canoe or kayak trip, spotting wildlife on the way.
- Boat trips: Guests can have their own adventure and head out on the open seas for a cruise around the bay. Thy can choose your destination or ask your skipper for the insider’s guide.
- Hangloose Adventure is based within the beautiful setting of the Eden Project. A must destination for thrill-seekers with seven amazing adrenaline-filled activities suitable for families with children over 8-years-old.
- Polkerris Beach combines an idyllic sandy Cornish cove with first-class watersports facilities. There is something for everyone at Polkerris Beach – from the smallest sandcastle-building toddler to the seasoned watersport enthusiast!
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan offers over 200 acres of magical gardens, woodland and farmland, making it one of the best natural playgrounds to explore.
- Eden Project: visit Eden’s 30-acre outdoor garden bursting with life. Marvel at the cutting-edge architecture of the biomes and learn about the weird and wonderful plants that thrive there. All within a 20-minute drive from the hotel.
- Lanhydrock is a beautiful country house owned by the National Trust. Offering acres of space to explore from ancient woodlands to riverside paths. There are various cycle trails around the grounds and bikes to hire- a great space to enjoy nature and a bit of history too!
- Gin O’Clock: Blend your own gin at Colwith Distillery – perfect for the gin lover. This gin masterclass includes a welcome Stafford’s Cornish Dry G&T, whilst one of our team explains all about the wide array of botanicals you can infuse into gin. Then comes the fun bit! You will take control of your own copper alembic pot still to form your perfect gin. Blend and hand bottle your bespoke, delicious Cornish gin to take home and enjoy.
- Afternoon tea at the hotel: Guests can enjoy a wonderful Cornish afternoon tea which epitomises indulgence, bursting with sandwiches, cakes and scones with jam and cream (remember jam first!).
- Sea view yoga – traditionally, yoga was taught one-on-one. A private yoga session with an experienced teacher can be an instrumental step in developing and deepening your yoga experience and provide a therapeutic, sustainable strategy for working with specific ailments. Our reception team can provide more information on how to make your booking.
- Spa treatments – discover a contemporary spa experience in a spectacular location – the perfect place to relax, rejuvenate and indulge your mind, body and soul. Immerse yourself in the surroundings and enjoy a relaxing treatment. Bring harmony to your mind and body and stimulate your senses with a vast range of skincare products. (Subject to Government guidelines.)
- Family fun: Crabbing & rock-pooling fun – a must whilst you are on holiday in Fowey. Grab one of the hotel’s complimentary crab lines, nets, buckets and bait, and guests can see how many they can catch. Remember to check out the crabbing code from your activity books first.
- Pick up a picnic and go exploring: the hotel can pack guests off on their own mini adventures with a delicious picnic so they don’t need to stop the fun to find somewhere to eat. This can be pre-booked with the reception team who can also advise on some perfect picnic spots.
- Cornish Piskie trail: located in the hotel’s five acres of grounds, guests of all ages can enjoy a charming Cornish Piskie trail, with tiny hidden houses where Piskie folk live. A great trail for all the family to enjoy, pick up the trail map from reception to get started.
Luxury Family Hotels is the pioneer of luxury family escapes in the UK. Simon Maguire, Managing Director, Luxury Family Hotels, commented:
“We know these last few months have been tough for parents and their children and their first holiday post-lockdown needs to be one that is enjoyable, stress-free and enables parents to have some much needed me-time and also quality time as a family. Each one of our unique hotels is located in picturesque places in the UK and has acres of space for families to enjoy and, importantly, gives parents a much-needed break from normal life.
“We used all our excellent contacts and local knowledge to create these special experiences families can have while on holiday in Fowey. Whatever they choose is up to them. The key thing we want to do is make sure that after a stay with us they leave feeling relaxed, recharged and with memories to last a lifetime.”
Spotlight on Fowey
Fowey is rapidly becoming the classy place to be in Cornwall with its buzzy and flourishing food and drink scene on the up and new restaurants opening this year. Yet Fowey still manages to retain its fishing village charm and Fowey Hall Hotel is perfectly positioned as the place to stay to enjoy all that it offers. Most importantly, excellent Cornish cuisine is at the heart of the experience at Fowey Hall Hotel and the restaurant is the place to enjoy breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner or a private event and the soon-to-be opened stylish new bar area will tantalise guests with local artisan drinks and cocktails. More to follow – watch this space!
For bookings, please
Follow Luxury Family Hotels on: