London, 16 April 2020 – In ongoing support of the fight against coronavirus, L’Oréal UK and Ireland is implementing a series of measures for communities most impacted by the crisis. The group and its family of brands will donate more than half a million hygiene products and hand sanitisers to frontline healthcare workers in UK and Ireland serving the most vulnerable people and striving to curb the pandemic.
The group will donate a further 300,000 hand sanitisers to frontline retail staff that is ensuring availability of essential goods and services to communities across UK and Ireland. These products will be provided completely free of charge. This commitment builds on the L’Oréal Group’s wider European solidarity programme announced globally on 18 March.
Together, L’Oréal UK & Ireland will:
- Donate 400,000 hygiene & care products to frontline healthcare workers: in partnership with In Kind Direct and Blue Light Card, we will provide 400,000 body wash, hand creams, conditioner, shampoo and skincare products to hospital workers in the UK and Ireland. This includes products from L’Oréal Paris, Garnier, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, Urban Decay, YSL, House 99, L’Oréal Paris Men Expert, La Roche-Posay, CeraVe, Vichy, Roger and Gallet, Baxter of California, Kerastase, Redken, Matrix and Decleor;
- Donate 100,000 Hand Sanitisers to support NHS and HSE: we will distribute 100,000 La Roche Posay-manufactured hand sanitisers to frontline healthcare workers in the NHS and HSE;
- Donate 10,000 Examination Gloves to the London Ambulance Service: we will donate 10,000 boxed sterile examination gloves to the London Ambulance Service through the L’Oréal Young Scientist Centre at the Royal Institute;
- Support small businesses: L’Oréal UK and Ireland has frozen the payments of our most vulnerable very small and small-sized customers in our distribution network, including hair salons, until their businesses resume. Additionally, L’Oréal UK and Ireland has shortened its payment times for small suppliers who have been most exposed to this economic crisis;
- Protect pharmacy and food distribution workers: Garnier will give 300,000 free bottles of the new Garnier Pure Active Hand Sanitiser Gel to essential retail staff working at Boots, Tesco, ASDA, Sainsbury’s and Irish retailer Dunnes Stores, helping to protect themselves from COVID-19;
Vismay Sharma, L’Oréal UK and Ireland Country Managing Director, commented:
“At L’Oréal UK & Ireland we feel a strong sense of responsibility to support relief efforts for the most vulnerable during this unprecedented crisis. The frontline healthcare workers and retail staff are doing an incredible job looking after the sick and providing essential products and services to communities. We feel honoured to be able to provide them with hand sanitisers and key hygiene products. We believe in the beauty of community and are proud to contribute to the needs of our heroic NHS and HSE staff, and those on the retail frontlines across the UK & Ireland.”