No7 Beauty Company opens British Beauty Week 2021 with the British Beauty Council, revealing latest innovations and extends availability to Australia and China
- Data shows the beauty industry is back with a bang with skincare and mass cosmetics showing strong double digit YoY growth since the ending of lockdown in the UK
- No7 Beauty Company set to trailblaze British Beauty globally with new insights, innovations, markets and breakthrough skincare launches over the next six months based on consumer insight
- British Beauty Council and No7 Beauty Company join forces to launch ‘Influencer Studio’ to support influencers publishing content on the science of beauty and skin
New York and London, September 8, 2021
Today, No7 Beauty Company unites with the British Beauty Council to kickstart British Beauty Week – the UK’s biggest and brightest platform for showcasing the beauty industry’s value, talent, innovation, and creativity. Despite the challenges of the past 18 months, the newly formed consumer led beauty business is confident the beauty industry is back with a bang. As a company that believes in listening and not telling, its data has shown that since the easing of the UK’s lockdown restrictions in July, skincare and cosmetics are both in growth with the lipstick effect once again taking hold. In the first three months of the year (Jan – March) the company saw a 61 % increase in volume of No7 lipstick sales while Boots.com reported an increase of 731% in searches ‘lipstick’ compared to the same time last year.
Today, No7 Beauty Company is set to trailblaze British beauty globally with new insights, innovations and market launches. Already present in 23,300 retailers around the world, across 17 markets including the US, this year it is launching its iconic beauty brands in Australia, China and Indonesia. Its recent No7 launch into the Priceline drugstore in Australia is a great success story, becoming a top selling skincare brand within its first few days of launch. Later this month, No7 Beauty Company will be introducing its Soap & Glory brand into mainland China for the first time – taking advantage of new restrictions on animal testing. A total of 14 products from the Original Pink, Smoothie Star and Magnifici-coco, the most popular franchises, will be the first to launch.
Annie Murphy, SVP and Chief Commercial Brands Officer of Walgreens Boots Alliance explains:
“As part of the Walgreens Boots Alliance family, No7 Beauty Company has a shared ambition to offer inclusive and trusted beauty brands made for everyone and we are in the best possible position to offer beauty solutions to more people around the world, in stores and online.
No7 Beauty Company launched in April 2021 to create the best in beauty for everyone. We employ 2,900 people in the UK and around the world and have an unrivalled heritage in British beauty spanning nearly a century. We are proud to be the lead partner for British Beauty Week 2021 and we actively support the British Beauty Council’s mission to drive growth and innovation in the beauty industry.”
Actively listening to its customers and developing products for their needs, No7 Beauty Company today reveals a rich pipeline of product innovation rolling out across its much-loved brands including:
- Sleep-enhancing innovation from Soap & Glory, No7 and Botanics, based on demand from consumers
- A new Clarifying range from Botanics for blemish-prone skin using ingredients such as turmeric and willow bark that are inspired by ayuverdic properties to promote wellbeing and to calm stressed skin
- A Liz Earle Beauty Co. Pro-Biotic skincare range, formulated with a daily biotic boost of naturally active pre, pro and postbiotics, scientifically proven to strengthen the moisture barrier to dramatically improve the look of dry, sensitive skin in just 7 days
- An extension of the best-selling, award-winning No7 Retinol range with the NEW Pure Retinol Collection comprising a Night Cream, Eye Cream and Hand Cream. The extended range is designed with lower, active levels of retinol to deliver a broad range of noticeable benefits across multiple skin types and ethnicities, formulated to be kinder on skin and minimise irritation.
Finally, No7 Beauty Company has announced the launch of its ‘Influencer Studio’, a skincare education programme, created in partnership with the British Beauty Council to help coach influencers on skincare. Over 55% of global consumers still find the skincare and cosmetic categories complex and confusing and find it difficult to identify what products are suited to their skin, highlighting a need for more clarity from reputable sources.
British Beauty Week will take place between 8th and 12th September 2021 in Covent Garden, home of the inaugural British Beauty Week.